iPad 2 cases

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Will any of the skins or back covers work with the new Smart Cover for the front of the iPad 2?

What case will work with the Smart Cover?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bluebonnet2 View Post

Will any of the skins or back covers work with the new Smart Cover for the front of the iPad 2?

I just bought and received an iPad 2 skin from this guys, and they are very good.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    alienzedalienzed Posts: 393member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bluebonnet2 View Post

Magnets shouldn't be affected by non metallic materials thinner than a millimeter... I know that the Zagg invisishield doesn't affect the smart cover...

also, most cases should mention how 'fit' they are, this site, colcasac.com, for example offers three different size based on whether or not you have a smart cover.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alienzed View Post

I know that the Zagg invisishield doesn't affect the smart cover.

If you like the Smart Cover the Invisible Shield sound like the perfect combination for it. I was thinking the same thing since people with Smart Covers are getting scratched up iPad 2 rears.

Myself though, I don't like the Smart Cover. I am due to receive my Invisible Shield for my iPad 2 any day now. I kept my Sena Leather Executive Sleeve from my first gen iPad when I sold that. I used to rock an Incipio Feather on my iPad 1, but I went with Invisible Shield this time to further reduce weight.

Fun fact - the Invisible Shield is the same weight as the reduction in weight from iPad 1 to iPad 2. So an iPad 2 with an Invisible Shield is the same weight as a naked iPad 1.

Can't wait to get setup.