Will Chantel Kreviazik achieve superstar status?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Perhaps some of the Canadians here are might be a bit more familiar with her than others.

Just saw her perform at a local store here in Toronto, and she's awesome. Great voice, classically trained pianist, and a natural brunette beauty.

Her music is less pop oriented (more reflective and emotional themes) may not reach the masses. Nevertheless, she's much better than Faith or Shania (in reference to that other thread).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    I saw her performing in GM place last month along with Sarah McLalchaln, Bryan Adams, Barenaked Ladies

She is a pretty decent performer.

She was very popular on the west side when she was new. But she hasn't had any new hit songs lately....

Although not in the pop catogory.....I should mention Lorenna McKinennit She is one of my favourite Canadian artist.......she's the one that made me listen to Celtic music

Leahy....an eight brothers and sisters group in Toronto......is the one that made me listen to Folk They are coming to Vancouver in two weeks and I will be going for their show

[ 11-23-2002: Message edited by: Leonis ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 6
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    [quote]Originally posted by Leonis:

<strong>I saw her performing in GM place last month along with Sarah McLalchaln, Bryan Adams, Barenaked Ladies

She is a pretty decent performer.

She was very popular on the west side when she was new. But she hasn't had any new hit songs lately....

[ 11-23-2002: Message edited by: Leonis ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Bryan Adams? I'm surprised he even makes time to come back to this country. I thought he was now a Brit.

As far as Chantel, she's just launched a new album and single. She's doing the promo circuit here in Toronto last week and I suspect the rest of Canada soon.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by satchmo:

<strong>

Bryan Adams? </strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeap he was there. That concert was a fund raising show for Canadian Cancer Society
  • Reply 4 of 6
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    [quote]Originally posted by Leonis:

<strong>

Yeap he was there. That concert was a fund raising show for Canadian Cancer Society</strong><hr></blockquote>

Leonis, you actually ADMIT to seeing Bryan Adams in concert? If I were you, I'd be hiding in shame.

Speaking of Canadian artists, where the hell did Sarah McLachlan go off to? She's seemingly disappeared in the past couple years.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by torifile:

<strong>

Leonis, you actually ADMIT to seeing Bryan Adams in concert? If I were you, I'd be hiding in shame.

Speaking of Canadian artists, where the hell did Sarah McLachlan go off to? She's seemingly disappeared in the past couple years.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well.....one ticket to see a few artist doesn't sound too bad (even some of them do suck)
  • Reply 6 of 6
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    [quote]Originally posted by torifile:

<strong>

Speaking of Canadian artists, where the hell did Sarah McLachlan go off to? She's seemingly disappeared in the past couple years.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sarah McLachlan got married and had a baby. I think she's due back this year with a new album.

Seems it's a trend among female Canadian artists (Shania and Celine had kids too).