A thread to wish Happy Holidays

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi,

Which ever holiday you follow, be it Xmas, Gift mas, Kwaanzaa, Hannukka or Eid,

Happy Holidays !!

Here's to you getting blasted and painting the town red on New Years Eve. As long as you have a sober designated driver, all is well.

Happy 2003. May 'Jobs the great' bring us good news in the new year.

Post away. link in your holday e cards if you will. Spread some joy.

[ 12-23-2002: Message edited by: Jamil ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    God Jul, everyone!
  • Reply 2 of 10
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS Everyone
  • Reply 3 of 10
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    Merry Christmas and a happy new year to everyone!!

U people in AI has made web surfing so much more fun!!
  • Reply 4 of 10
    A Christmas of the merry sort to ye!
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Merry Christmas to Everyone here at AI. It has been a wonderful place this year to talk with you all. I hope you have Peace and abundant Joy in 2003!

God Bless you all

A Thankful Fellowship
  • Reply 6 of 10
    I just want to add that people are what the Christmas season is all about. It is not about gifts but rather relationships. Tell the ones you love how much they mean to you..

God's Best..

Fellowship
  • Reply 7 of 10
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Happy holidays everyone.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    fröhlichi wiehnachte und es guets neuis jahr !
  • Reply 9 of 10
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    A very safe and happy holiday season to all you yahoos.

Let me take this chance to say thanks to all of you who have helped me to see various things through a different lens this year, and to apologize to any I've been a little rough on. I know I can be a pain in the ass sometimes (bullheaded if you like) but in the end this is just a place to come and talk about stuff, so I'm trying not to take things so seriously going forward. Life's too short....

Have a great holiday, laddies (and ladies). Take care on the roads and in the bars - I want everyone back here in '03.

[ 12-25-2002: Message edited by: Moogs ]</p>
  • Reply 10 of 10
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I hope all of my fellow AI'ers had a great holiday and enjoyed it to the fullest.

I had a pretty mellow one, but I got one gift that blew my mind because a) it was TOTALLY unexpected (I didn't even realize how nice it would be to have) and b) the way I got it was very cool.

My ex-wife's wife brother, Andy, is a Microsoft MVP (I think that's the term). He beta-tests and, at 19-years-old, seems to have his foot firmly on the fast track to a nice career there, if he should choose (which he will). Microsoft flew him up to NYC last month for the launch of that Media Center thing (he had it for a long time, testing it and all).

Anyway, he gets these massive discounts and even certain dollars to spend on stuff and guess what?

He gives me Office v.X!

He got it for next to nothing, so I don't feel rotten

But I was shocked. The full version, just in a smaller, slimmer "Microsoft Company Store" packaging. I installed it already.

Coolest gift ever because it was so out of left field and because he knows I'm a Mac guy and love OS X (he's a HUGE Windows guy and probably knows more about computers, networking, troubleshooting, configuring, etc. than everyone here put together...and he's 19).

I thought that was a very cool gift. I thanked him profusely for about 20 minutes straight.

And, my ex's parents got me a subscription to Macworld and some AWESOME L.L. Bean slippers.

THAT'S how close I still am to my "ex" in-laws! No bitterness or animosity stemming from the divorce. The ex and I are best friends to this day, and it goes for the entire family...on both sides.

Cool, huh? I certainly thought so!

In addition to that, I got some great gift certificates (which I prefer over just about anything!), lots of blank Memorex CDs (I'm an iTunes mix-making freak these days!), a cool Old Navy fleece pullover thingy, a much-needed roadside emergency toolkit to keep in my car and some little NASCAR-oriented knick-knacks.

And a LogiTech cordless USB optical mouse (two-buttons and scroll wheel). That's about the only thing I'll probably return, but it's still a pretty bitchin' gift and was - for my Mom - pretty on-track! She said "I saw the OS X logo on the box, so I knew I could get it for you...".

So I had a cool Mac/racing Christmas.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas.

[ 12-25-2002: Message edited by: pscates ]</p>