Serving Others

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Here it is Christmas time and I open this thread to foster interest in an idea that is dear to me. We are loved by many in this world but I tell you it is not material gifts that constitute this love. Service is the currency of this love.

Little less than one year ago some of you know I lost my dad to a car accident. I want to give tribute to him with this thread. Serving is what my dad did for me and my sister. He would subvert his own interests as to support my sister and I. I am a home builder by trade and my father is who made me who I became. He invested in me and would drop everything for my benefit. I believe he has taught me more about giving than building homes. I hope that this Christmas season you will see how relationships close to you have supported you during your life. I also hope that you will consider turning this service back out towards others who are in your reach. Service and commitment are the items of love remembered.

What are your thoughts on this?

God Bless.

Fellowship

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    From what I've seen it's best to serve others as unassumingly as possible. Just politely ask for their names, then give them their papers before they have a chance to object. The service you talk about might work best this way too! Death sucks. Cheers.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    [quote]Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook:

<strong>What are your thoughts on this?

</strong><hr></blockquote>

without words: go back to FC.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    right on bro, love rocks!!!!

Remember all those that sacrificed for us . . . and a great Christas

mass to the lot of ya . . . . . . .
  • Reply 4 of 5

<strong>Here it is Christmas time and I open this thread to foster interest in an idea that is dear to me. We are loved by many in this world but I tell you it is not material gifts that constitute this love. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Amen to that, FCB! On Christmas Eve I called up a good friend of mine with whom we had a sort of mutual falling out. We talked for a bit, and she said it would be great to give our friendship a second chance. To me, that's the real meaning of Christmas.
  • Reply 5 of 5

<strong> I am a home builder by trade and my father is who made me who I became. He invested in me and would drop everything for my benefit. I believe he has taught me more about giving than building homes.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

FC, I am Computer Dude for a nonprofit organization that works with Builders to give Downpayment Assistance to buyers.

Interested in knowing if you are aware of such programs, and if so, who you are currently working with.

PM me please!