Pics from my Hawaii trip

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey fellow appleinsiders!

Here are some pics from my recent trip to Hawaii. I loved it there!

<a href="http://homepage.mac.com/tacojohn/PhotoAlbum17.html"; target="_blank">http://homepage.mac.com/tacojohn/PhotoAlbum17.html</a>;

Don't forget to check out the second page.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    Those sunsets are amazing!
  • Reply 2 of 14
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Didya catch the green flash at the end of the sunset?
  • Reply 3 of 14
    trevormtrevorm Posts: 841member
    Nice pictures. Looked like you had fun!

• Reply 4 of 14
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Cool pics. Like someone already said, those sunsets are amazing.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    Thanks guys! I had a really fun time there I want to go back real soon- this Michigan weather sucks!

I took them all with my Canon Powershot Digital Elph S200.

The sunsets I just set the exposure really low and they turned out really cool- I love the one with the "sun rays".
  • Reply 6 of 14
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    those look really cool ! You were going with your whole family ?
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Yep- it was Me my Mom and Dad, my Brother, his wife, their Kid (Shelby), and my Neice (Koni).
  • Reply 8 of 14
    [quote]Originally posted by DiscoCow:

<strong>Those sunsets are amazing!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Arn't thay just!

[ 01-13-2003: Message edited by: Alpha Mac ]</p>
  • Reply 9 of 14
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Really nice pics there!

I'm currently in the market for a digital camera and have looked at the Canon digital Elph series (Digital "Ixus v" over here) and I've been very impressed with the overall quality of the sample images I've seen on the internet.

I've owned a Canon 35mm SLR for years now and have been very happy with the optic and build quality and overall images it produces, so moving to another Canon is no worries.

Your pics have confirmed my faith in this little digi camera ... think i'll go for the 3mega pixel version
  • Reply 10 of 14
    Cool- I must say I'm inpressed with the camera!

The Battery life is great and image quality is too- and the size is great to boot!

It was nice to carry something that small around Hawaii all week!

The panarama mode is sweet too- notice the Jurassic Mt. and other panas at the bottom of the 2nd page- those are each like 5-9 pics combined!
  • Reply 11 of 14
    Two of my best friends at school live in Honolulu. I should go check it out sometime. I hear the weather is nice.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Cool stuff

By the way....I am now sorting the pictures and videos I have taken in my trip in Northern Europe which just ended today.....

Once they are ready to show I will let you guys know.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    If you want to update your description.

If I remember correctly, the Surfer on the Honolulu Beach is Duke Paoa Kahanamoku ( Considered one of the best surfers of all time ).

I have a panarama of the Island of Hawai'i from Diamond Head and one of the Waikiki to Diamond Head shoreline taken from the Atlantis Submarine ride if anyone would like me to Post them.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    dude- that would be great if you could post those! My Diamond Head pana didn't turn out very well (not as well as some of the other ones). That would be cool so I can have something decent in my collection!

It was my first time using that feature of my camera!

Thanks for the surfer info too!