Impossible task?

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Ok so my boss has approached me with what feels like an impossible task. He wants me to transfer a bunch of mp4's to our company iPad.

Problem is the original computer the iPad was sync'd to is no longer available. It was taken apart.

Second problem, my boss has been buying apps on the iPad itself and doesn't want anything on it removed or changed. I guess he has some game data or something on there he wants to save.

Now he's talking about having our programming department wrap videos into apps to be put onto the iPad or something like that. I don't know if he even knows what he's talking about here.

I just want to get videos onto the iPad without having to use iTunes or erase anything from the iPad. Any ideas?

This is stressing me out so any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ApplePi View Post

Problem is the original computer the iPad was sync'd to is no longer available.

So sync to a new one.

Quote:

Second problem, my boss has been buying apps on the iPad itself and doesn't want anything on it removed or changed. I guess he has some game data or something on there he wants to save.

So it will sync to the new computer.

Quote:

Now he's talking about having our programming department wrap videos into apps to be put onto the iPad or something like that. I don't know if he even knows what he's talking about here.

If he's trying to sell videos as applications, they'll all be rejected.

Quote:

I just want to get videos onto the iPad without having to use iTunes or erase anything from the iPad. Any ideas?

Just plug it in and sync to a new computer authorized with the same account as on the iPad. Simple.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    It has to be done through iTunes (unless you're gonna "jailbreak" it... which I THINK would erase the saved data anyhow.)

- Choose a new computer to "sync" it to.

- Set up that iTunes (on the computer) with the same Apple account info that he uses on his iPad.

- Plug in the iPad and see what message you get... It may allow you to sync the existing iPad data onto the new iTunes/computer.

If it doesn't give you that option, then you're gonna loose his game saves when you DO set it up with a new iTunes/computer. That's just the only simple way to sync stuff from a computer to an iPad.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ApplePi View Post

Ok so my boss has approached me with what feels like an impossible task. He wants me to transfer a bunch of mp4's to our company iPad.

Problem is the original computer the iPad was sync'd to is no longer available. It was taken apart.

This is stressing me out so any help would be appreciated.

There are apps that let you sync files direct such as the following:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/air-s...365541415?mt=8

It connects wirelessly. For faster transfers you may be able to connect direct by turning on internet sharing on your Mac.

They don't go into the video app and you still need to make sure they are in iPad compatible format but it's easier than building an app for each video and Angry Birds scores are in tact.