TUAW goes full-on AOL

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Wow, the new TUAW is awful. The comment system is the AOL/AIM/FB/Twitter/etc. based system instead of having their own. I guess they wanted to fully submit to their AOL overlords? I'm sure some AOL exec got sold on the "crowdsourced" look. Meh....

I hope AI doesn't get the same idea.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by John.B View Post

This is a vBulletin forum. If you think they're comparable in any way, you have a lot to learn.

TUAW and AppleInsider don't have anything in common. They're a blog. We're a forum. vBulletin's system, while fairly old, is leagues better than any blog comment system out there.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by John.B View Post

Wow, the new TUAW is awful. The comment system is the AOL/AIM/FB/Twitter/etc. based system instead of having their own. I guess they wanted to fully submit to their AOL overlords? I'm sure some AOL exec got sold on the "crowdsourced" look. Meh....

I got a bit sick of TUAW a while back. Too much fluff about this or that app, inane simple questions for "Ask Aunt TUAW" and frivolous news about cases, apps and more apps. Did I mention they write about too much apps?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

This is a vBulletin forum. If you think they're comparable in any way, you have a lot to learn.

TUAW and AppleInsider don't have anything in common. They're a blog. We're a forum. vBulletin's system, while fairly old, is leagues better than any blog comment system out there.

Yeah, straight up, dawg... We kick it old skool style here! Word.