Voice key

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Problem: When I try to write a capital q, I can't. Nothing happens; however, if I try to write a folder name using a capital q, a voice reads whatever I've highlighted. I'm assuming that the capital q is a key. I've tried to find the app and uncheck that key, but I can't find it. I've tried VoiceOver and Sound, but no luck. What app could I try to fix this problem? Spotlight is useless as it just asks me if I want to open the app.

Another problem: There's an app or something in the SideBar named avidemux2. I don't know how it got there, but when I try to highlight it to take it out of the sidebar, I can't get it highlighted.

avidemux2 is in my Application folder and when I highlight it there, it shows a piece of film with a penquin and a director's clapper, so I assume it's some kind of movie app.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

I don't know how it got there

You installed it.

http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/

What's "SideBar"?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

You installed it.

http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/

What's "SideBar"?

Your probably right. I just don't remember it. The SideBar is the column down the left side of the screen that shows Devices; Places; Search for, etc. It shows your HDD's and your Home Site.

Maybe it has another name but I don't know it if it does. I don't want 'avidemux2 in the side bar but it won't highlight and therefore it can't be moved or 'Puffed'. I don't know the actual name of that delete PUFF. Apple Help is NO help because if you don't their exact name for something, you're screwed.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

Your probably right. I just don't remember it. The SideBar is the column down the left side of the screen that shows Devices; Places; Search for, etc. It shows your HDD's and your Home Site.

Oh, that sidebar. I've just never seen it called anything capitalized. I just call it the "Finder's sidebar".

Quote:

I don't want 'avidemux2 in the side bar but it won't highlight and therefore it can't be moved or 'Puffed'.

Could you screenshot it? It can just be that portion of your screen, of course. Does it look like individual files (and other applications) do when they're in the sidebar, or does it look different?

Quote:

I don't know the actual name of that delete PUFF.

Don't think there is one.

Quote:

Apple Help is NO help because if you don't their exact name for something, you're screwed.

Isn't that the truth... Holds for a lot of digital stuff, so if I'm trying to teach myself something about Photoshop, video editing, or drawing (either form), sometimes I'm unnecessarily stuck.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Could you screenshot it? It can just be that portion of your screen, of course. Does it look like individual files (and other applications) do when they're in the sidebar, or does it look different?

I'd rather not take a screenshot as I have some named files on the side bar.

The avidemux2 looks like a white page with the upper right corner dogeared. When I put the cursor over it and click, it doesn't highlight,

I just realized that there's a similar page, Google Earth, that won't highlight either.