Find my iPhone

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Is it going away?

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 8
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member
    What on Earth would make you think this?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Apple needs to make a new app called find my iPad. It's stupid and lazy of Apple that I have to have an app called find my iphone on my ipad. How hard would it be for Apple to rename their app , it would take them 10 minutes.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post


    Apple needs to make a new app called find my iPad. It's stupid and lazy of Apple that I have to have an app called find my iphone on my ipad. How hard would it be for Apple to rename their app , it would take them 10 minutes.



    Find my iOS Device. Because it's completely pointless to have an entirely different app when it handles all devices already.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


    Find my iOS Device. Because it's completely pointless to have an entirely different app when it handles all devices already.



    That would work. FInd my iOS Device would obviously cover every iOS device released. It sure beats what they have now. I know this is only a minor issue, but we all know how anal Apple is about specifics, and I find it odd that the only app available is called "find my iphone".
  • Reply 5 of 8
    mysticmystic Posts: 514member
    It's part of MobileMe and MobileMe is going away.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mystic View Post


    It's part of MobileMe and MobileMe is going away.



    And I think that many MobileMe features are getting moved to iCloud. It makes no sense for Apple to pull that app, as it has been extremely successful and many people have used it to find and locate their stolen hardware.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mystic View Post


    It's part of MobileMe and MobileMe is going away.



    So?! For heaven's sake, Apple is just introducing Find My Mac in Lion. That's not going away, so why the frick would you think the iOS version would?
  • Reply 8 of 8
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by careboy View Post


    It's part of MobileMe and MobileMe is going away.



    And we've already covered why that's completely wrong. You don't have to worry about it.
Sign In or Register to comment.