JOE MILLIONAIRE (the finale & aftermath)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
So Joe picked the right girl.

I lost $1 betting that he'd pick the foot fetish girl.

Was glad to lose the bet~

[ 02-18-2003: Message edited by: drewprops ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Why?

I'm just waiting for the Joe Millionaire law-suits, deception and all that. Whatever they may have signed, they have a case.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Yeah but they should give back their jewels then if they sew. Fox must have had a team of lawyers making out the contracts for them to sign.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I want to know what the sex-reversed equivalent would be. "Julie Fertile," who turns out to be barren? Or can you imagine the looks on the guys faces when Felicia Fellatio tells them the truth?
  • Reply 4 of 12
    So men can offer money and women babies and certaint kinds of sex?

Cool with me. That leaves the good looking, intelligent, rich and caring women to me
  • Reply 5 of 12
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I didn't really like Zora, but she was the right choice for him.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    [quote]Originally posted by Outsider:

[Q]Yeah but they should give back their jewels then if they sew. [/Q]<hr></blockquote>

I'm the last person to pick on typos spelling and grammatical brain farts (the more I type the mor eof them I make) but this is just funny and cute so...

Anyway, back to my original question: why? Who cares who ends up with whom? Meaningless,not even life becoming farce. Reality TV has been around forever, it's called the news, although not so much anymore. :/
  • Reply 7 of 12
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    [quote]Originally posted by Anders the White:

<strong>So men can offer money and women babies and certaint kinds of sex?

Cool with me. That leaves the good looking, intelligent, rich and caring women to me </strong><hr></blockquote>Nah, the poor guys get the ugly, intelligent, poor and caring women. [quote]Originally posted by Matsu:

<strong>Anyway, back to my original question: why? Who cares who ends up with whom? Meaningless,not even life becoming farce. Reality TV has been around forever, it's called the news, although not so much anymore. :/</strong><hr></blockquote>"Why," Matsu? That's a dangerous question to ask, and, this is just a suggestion, but I think you'd be better off not asking it.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    I know, creeps me out. I recently saw a grad seminar on non-fiction turn into a 90 minute discussion of reality TV. I wanted to bite my tounge off.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    I was full of sweet, sugary joy to see the ending. Make no mistake, I'm certainly no stranger to being completely pessimistic and pragmatic to all that fairytale love crap, but I couldn't help but being overrun with emotion (even if this is completely contrived, staged, outright fake, or whatever). It's good to imagine it happening just once. I'm glad he picked Zora, and when she chose him w/o the money, it was even more pleasant. Had it been any of the other girls, then yes, it would have been unacceptably fake.

Zora just completely blows the other girls away once they went into her background. You can't help but to just want to "sweep" her away. Plus she reminds me of an ex-girlfriend. That sweet, sweet rack-uh- oh, the humanity! What's with that name, though? Sounds like a stage name for a stripper or something. Everything about her fits, except that weird, weird name.

...and the 1 mil was a nice gesture, but I can't seem to get away from 1 mil not really being such a "big" prize these days. Once Uncle Sam digs into it, it's really not going to be that much money split 2 ways (split 2 ways- yet, another uncomfortable premise; ...and what's this crap about a "reunion"??? After all that, they aren't even "together"? What was the point?). 1 mil is just a mere trinket as far as lottery prizes. I think 10 mil would have been cooler. Surely they could have scraped up 10 mil somewhere? I wonder how much Fox made on the show?
  • Reply 10 of 12
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    The name "Zora" makes me think that she's "Zena, the Warrior Princess'" evil twin sister, or something.

But, yes. I agree that Zora was the right girl for Evan to pick. We'll see Monday how things have gone since then. The last show was taped on Thanksgiving, so a lot could've happened.

[ 02-19-2003: Message edited by: CosmoNut ]</p>
  • Reply 11 of 12
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    I can't say that I didn't appreciate Zora's altruistic life. But, I've known people who are kind of like that and can't enjoy their own lives, and in turn, fail to let a mate in close emotionally.

I would not have picked her for that reason.

I would have picked MoJo. Pretty good balance of the two. Plus, she lives here.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Mojo?! Isn't she the one who pleaded to the camera that she was only in this to find twue luv? Yeah, riiiiight! Yet all the while, she had one eye on the money so she could "manage" it better for him. You can tell I didn't take to her at all. I would have picked that taught, cheeky 24 yr old before Mojo (the one they did that "Oh my God" montage on in the final episode). Yeah, I wouldn't expect a relationship to last more than 2 months with her, but I bet it would be a fun 2 months. ...and that "dead" left side of her lip- did she have a stroke or something or just drank a bit too much one night? Call me superficial, but the lip would bug me to no end.

[ 02-19-2003: Message edited by: Randycat99 ]</p>