iWeb Question and Assistance

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi! I just started a website and podcast and I am using Garageband to record and I share it with iWeb which I then publish to a host domain.

I keep hearing that iWeb is going away. Will I be able to still use my older version of iWeb moving forward or will upgrades to OS X Lion and future upgrades to Garageband make this impossible?

If I won't be able to use iWeb in the future, is Apple creating another web software app that may be better that will have the "share" capability like iWeb currently has with Garageband?

Lastly, if none of these things are happening, could someone recommend another application like iWeb to use? iWeb was so simple and easy so I am looking for something just as simple. THanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Your software will work. Your website can still be published to external hosting.

Apple itself will not be offering hosting for your website. That's about it.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    That sucks whats the point of using iweb if apple aint posting anymore
  • Reply 3 of 3
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hamminup View Post

That sucks whats the point of using iweb if apple aint posting anymore

Because it keeps working. Because Apple hosting sites is completely meaningless when you can use iWeb to publish your website to any other hosting service in existence. Because nothing else about the software changes.

Pick one.