Hero

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Has anyone even heard of this movie?

Its really big in China and I heard its a great production. Besides, it's directed by Zhang Yimou. China's most recognised director.

I know its nominated for best foreign film but I was surprised it got only one nomination.

I remember Crowching Tiger Hidden Dragon to have actually won 4. I don't understand this. CTHD was a dissapointment for most Chinese people. I think the fact that it got so many oscars was because it was the first Chinese martial arts film in a long time to go international.

Although I have not seen Hero myself, I have seen the trailer. It looks amazing. The plot is deep (unlike CTHD which is less of a famous story) and the special effects are incredible.

I can't wait to see this movie but sadly, cinemas here in Rome haven't even heard of the movie!

How about in the US and elsewhere? Has any of you heard of this movie or even.....seen it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    For all its hype, its a rather disappointing movie. Luckily, the beautiful scenaries and some great computer effects saved the show.

Not a show I would recommend though.