When is the next Apple keynote?

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
I just finished implementing a web application project that shows any visitor the time of an upcoming Apple event in his/her own time zone. Comes in handy for international Apple fans (like myself) who don't know the time difference to PST. You may notice that I reverse-enginered the Apple keynote theme so it looks more or less just like a real Apple keynote slide.

Since the site is 100% non-commercial, I hope this isn't considered Spam.

Please let me know if you like it or what you'd change \

http://wheniskeynote.com

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pechspilz View Post

Change the list of dates to a list of nothing. You don't know when said keynotes are or even if said keynotes are even happening.

We don't know when or if the iPhone 5 is coming out, just as we don't yet know keynote dates for WWDC in years future.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pechspilz View Post

I just finished implementing a web application project that shows any visitor the time of an upcoming Apple event in his/her own time zone. Comes in handy for international Apple fans (like myself) who don't know the time difference to PST. You may notice that I reverse-enginered the Apple keynote theme so it looks more or less just like a real Apple keynote slide.

Since the site is 100% non-commercial, I hope this isn't considered Spam.

http://wheniskeynote.com

I like it! Good thing to start with the Q3 results conference call.

Next up you can update it with iPhone 5 keynote, when the dates are available.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Change the list of dates to a list of nothing. You don't know when said keynotes are or even if said keynotes are even happening.

We don't know when or if the iPhone 5 is coming out, just as we don't yet know keynote dates for WWDC in years future.

Actually, I like the list of what's coming up. It's just a prediction, at least it reminds us what might be coming up.

pechspilz you should also put the Q4 results announcement in there somewhere as "coming up".
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Thanks for the feedback, guys! As indicated in the footer, the upcoming event dates are nothing more than guesstimates. The list is important from a SEO perspective as it contains important keywords for organic search.

As a new feature you'll be able to create an (time zone adapted) iCal entry by clicking at the calendar icon once an event has been confirmed.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Keep it up
  • Reply 6 of 7
    curtis hannahcurtis hannah Posts: 1,833member

Yet the iPhone 5 was predicted months before in time than when it released (in 2012)
  • Reply 7 of 7
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Curtis Hannah View Post

Yet the iPhone 5 was predicted months before in time than when it released (in 2012)

It's pretty easy to predict the existence of a product that is updated once every twelve months.