Help! Movies wont sync to Iphone even though theyre the right format!

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
So I have got a movie in my itunes libary, i'm trying to sync it to my iphone. its in the correct format (MPEG-4) and has the correct 'video codec' thingy, but when i try to sync it says it cannot be copied because it cannot be played? im super confused and annoyed i just want to watch my film on my phone! help?!

EDIT: when i try to 'create ipod or iphone version' the bar wont move, at all! i left it 'converting' for over 2 hours and it didnt move! so frustrated!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by StephanieShirley View Post

So I have got a movie in my itunes libary, i'm trying to sync it to my iphone. its in the correct format (MPEG-4) and has the correct 'video codec' thingy

Needs to be M4V.

Quote:

EDIT: when i try to 'create ipod or iphone version' the bar wont move, at all! i left it 'converting' for over 2 hours and it didnt move! so frustrated!

Because iTunes is a whore that can't do that to anyone's satisfaction by any stretch of the imagination. Don't worry about it.

Get HandBrake and tick "Use iPhone-friendly extension" when you do conversions.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Needs to be M4V.

Because iTunes is a whore that can't do that to anyone's satisfaction by any stretch of the imagination. Don't worry about it.

Get HandBrake and tick "Use iPhone-friendly extension" when you do conversions.

Thank you! I've downloaded HandBrake, and clicked the 'iPhone & iPod touch' option in 'presets'

I couldn't find the 'use iPhone-friendly extension' option, do you think it will still work? sorry, I'm a total novice when it comes to things like this!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by StephanieShirley View Post

Thank you! I've downloaded HandBrake, and clicked the 'iPhone & iPod touch' option in 'presets'

I couldn't find the 'use iPhone-friendly extension' option, do you think it will still work? sorry, I'm a total novice when it comes to things like this!

What you did is make a file down converted for iDevices. It'll work fine, sure, but resolution will be tiny.

Ah, it's in HandBrake preferences. The last tickbox at the bottom:

If you do that, you can choose any of the presets you want, not just the tiny "iPod" ones.