Saving songs from Apple TV hard drive

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Is there a way to get songs from Apple TV back to my iTunes.

You may fins this strange, but yes, due to a stupid mistake, I had lost the songs on my computers hard drive . My iTunes still thinks that I own those songs, but I cannot play them because when I click on the song it cannot find it.

However, when I go to my Apple TV, and go to my songs, I can play them directly form the Apple TV, hence those few thousand songs that I purchased collected over the years are there in the Apple TV's hard drive.

Can somebody help me to get those back...?

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Profrazier View Post

Is there a way to get songs from Apple TV back to my iTunes.

You may fins this strange, but yes, due to a stupid mistake, I had lost the songs on my computers hard drive . My iTunes still thinks that I own those songs, but I cannot play them because when I click on the song it cannot find it.

However, when I go to my Apple TV, and go to my songs, I can play them directly form the Apple TV, hence those few thousand songs that I purchased collected over the years are there in the Apple TV's hard drive.

Can somebody help me to get those back...?

Thanks.

i would think if you have the same user/itunes account in iTunes that you were using when yopu synced the tv-1, it will sync the content back. I have had music and videos that i purchased on tv-1 sync back to iTunes library. you may want to check out apples support/discussion forums for help and more details

and remember to always back up your data so you don't have to do this again...
  • Reply 2 of 2
    You sound very logical, but the logic is not working here. You are correct, if I download a movie that I purchased from tv-1, when I sync my computer, it puts it on my computer. But these song, both my computer and the tv-1 thinks apparently that they are on my computer, except they are not. They are on tv-1 not on my computer. I wan't my music back.... (what is that symbol that shows the tears..., I want that here now). How do I reach apple's support/discussion forum.

P.S. You are right about backing up. However, on my defense, loosing the files happened when I was creating a back-up for a system upgrade. I thought I created the back-up, and then proceeded to upgrade the system. Except, I failed to see a little message at the end of the backup that there was a small problem with the backup, and it backed up everything except about a 1000 songs, and some photos. Apparently, I have the song (at least I can ply them from the tv-1), but the photos were never synced with the tv-1, so they are gone forever. Shit happens--- as they say here in the Netherlands.