14.1" ibook, where does it go from here?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hi, I couldn't find a 14.1" iBook thread..

OK, MOSR says the iBook 14" is getting a 1280x1024 screen, vid card update, carbon composite durability enhancements, and casign redesign.

This would be almost perfect!!

I'd add:

G4

Superdrive

Bluetooth

And that's a perfect desktop replacement for $1500US.

Wow. I want one now!!

What do you think?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    I think you should stop reading MOSR
  • Reply 2 of 8
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    The only thing it needs is a different resolution. 1024x768 is ridiculous since the 12" iBook has it too. Also, a G4 would be nice and a new case since the 14" iBook looks very ugly.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    I think it will have a slightly redesigned case. (Evolutionary), a G4 at about 700 or 750 MHz, and a 16 MB Radeon graphics card.

OH yeah, and the higher res screen too.

This change however, probably won't take place until the TiBooks get G4s up to 867 MHz, 32 MB 7500 graphics card, 1536x1024 resolution, etc.

[ 02-20-2002: Message edited by: Tarbash ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 8
    You are going to have to wait until NEXT year for this. Apple is NOT going play this much with a design that JUST came out 1 month ago.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    I wouldn't be so sure. The iBook design has been out for nearly a year,and I don't think Apple is going to do an overhaul anytime soon.

I think the ideology behind the 14 inch model was to just pop a bigger screen in, adjust the case accordingly, and get it to market. Then worry about size and weight in the next revsion and make tweaks where necessary.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by clonenode:

<strong>You are going to have to wait until NEXT year for this. Apple is NOT going play this much with a design that JUST came out 1 month ago.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Why? All the 14" case is an oversized 12" case.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    please oh please apple put a g4 in an ibook so i can gladly hand you my money. an ibook that can run osx, impossible!

[ 02-20-2002: Message edited by: janitor ]</p>
  • Reply 8 of 8
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    If you want a notebook that can run X at a better speed then go buy a fvcking PowerBook and shut it...the other alternitive is to have no cheap portable...the G4 will come but the G3 is good enough for now.