Why isn't this war illegal?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I know we've gone over this, but it seems to have just been brushed aside. Maybe someone can help clear it up for me.

Article VI of the US Constitution:

[quote]all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land<hr></blockquote>

and Article 1(4) of the UN Charter (not to mention the whole thing):

[quote]All Members shall refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any state<hr></blockquote>

It doesn't matter if you don't agree or what your opinion of the UN is, the fact is that hawks are also bound by the law and the coming war, along with everything leading up to it, is illegal. There is not two ways about it. The current administration does not have the authority to go to war unless we regard the Constitution as a meaningless piece of paper. If you believe the consitution should be ammended, by all means work towards that. But until that happens, the American Government is bound by its current manifestation. Advocation of undermining the Constitution and breaking supreme law is as anti-American an action as could possibly be.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    From the posting guidelines:

- Threads consisting of unsubstantiated individual predictions about upcoming hardware are not allowed. Threads that are blatant trolls, offer no content, or are redundant will be locked at the moderators' discretion.

Respond in the thread that brings an issue up, do not start a thread to respond to something already in a thread.

If you're displeased with my decision feel free to private message me or an administrator.

[ 03-11-2003: Message edited by: groverat ]</p>