install SL partition after Lion

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi all,

i stupidly upgraded to Lion and discovered a few of my favourites dont function correctly so i thought i could just partition my drive and install snow leopard from my imacs SL disc. ive created the Partition (Mac, Journled) restarted, held down alt and selected the disc to boot from. trouble is it ignores this command and simpily boots back into Lion.

am i doing this completely wrong??

Help!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    You're going back to Snow Leopard. That's what's wrong.

Please elaborate on "favorites" and we'll see what we can do to find you fixes/replacements.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    flea24flea24 Posts: 10member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

You're going back to Snow Leopard. That's what's wrong.

Please elaborate on "favorites" and we'll see what we can do to find you fixes/replacements.

Haha, don't get me wrong i love Lion.

currently my Sonos Library doesn't work,

Handbrake won't read my DVDs,

i can't boot snow leopard

some Steam games don't work

NTFS3G Read/Write driver using macFUSE throws up an error mounting message when i boot to Lion

• Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flea24 View Post

currently my Sonos Library doesn't work,

Could you explain what Sonos Library is and what it does that just connecting to your speakers with iTunes and AirPlay wouldn't? I'm sure they'll fix it soon, at any rate.

Quote:

Handbrake won't read my DVDs,

Do you have the latest version of HandBrake? It's easy to make sure; they update less than once a year.

Quote:

some Steam games don't work

Which? That sounds like a missed update again.

Quote:

NTFS3G Read/Write driver using macFUSE throws up an error mounting message when i boot to Lion

THAT'S a given. You should use Paragon NTFS or Tuxera NTFS.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    flea24flea24 Posts: 10member
    Handbrake: 0.9.5 - latest i believe. when you insert a disc it spins up but never stops 'scanning'

some of my steam games have been resolved

the NTFS3G thing, do the other ones actually work in Lion as i think you need to pay for them?

on a side note however, I'm starting to think like my drives buggered! i hold C (or alt) and select the disc to boot from but it just spins up a little and hangs on the swirly and apple logo
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

the NTFS3G thing, do the other ones actually work in Lion as i think you need to pay for them?

The others work wonderfully. I imagine if you don't want to pay that there'll be an update to MacFUSE in time.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Handbrake: 0.9.5 - latest i believe. when you insert a disc it spins up but never stops 'scanning'

some of my steam games have been resolved

on a side note however, I'm starting to think like my drives buggered! i hold C (or alt) and select the disc to boot from but it just spins up a little and hangs on the swirly and apple logo

Re Handbrake - I have a similar problem but get round it by opening the DVD first and allowing the main feature to start, shutting down DVD player and then scanning the disk with handbrake. No idea why this works but maybe a video guru can explain.