XLD converts WMA?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I am trying to convert WMA Lossless on a new Mac I got (I bought a Late 2006 model Mac Mini) with XLD but it seems like it doesn't want to convert it? I used to use DBPowerAmp in Windows so I am trying convert all my music over. I am converting it to WavPack and MP3 at the same time.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    I would start with ffmpegX. If this does not work, then perhaps you need to install Flip4Mac. It explicitly supports WMA Lossless. FWIW, X Lossless Decoder does not explicitly support WMA Lossless.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Thanks for the reply. I installed Flip4Mac and then tried to use Max and XLD and neither worked. I'll try ffmpegX, I am familiar with ffmpeg in Windows, I used to do a lot of video transcoding back then with ffmpeg, before x264 came out and produced better results.

Is there a way I can REP you? I looked but didn't see anything. If not, thanks a lot for your help!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheCuban View Post

Thanks for the reply. I installed Flip4Mac and then tried to use Max and XLD and neither worked. I'll try ffmpegX, I am familiar with ffmpeg in Windows, I used to do a lot of video transcoding back then with ffmpeg, before x264 came out and produced better results.

Is there a way I can REP you? I looked but didn't see anything. If not, thanks a lot for your help!

You must remember that Flip4Mac is just a suite of Quicktime codecs that handle various formats for Windows media. You will need a Quicktime-based application that does the transcoding. Perhaps, iTunes can do it. If not, then Quicktime Pro almost certainly can.