iphone5 reception

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
i live/work in an area where verizon has better coverage than att. so, when verizon got the iphone4 i was ready to make the jump (even though i cant justify a data plans price for myself). i figured i'd wait to see if it had any bugs 1st as it wasnt something i had to have. i am glad i did. three close friends who live and work in the same area have all said the reception sucks compared to their other phones. only one went back to his blackberry but both others have said they would rather another droid when their contract is up even though they like the iphones features (and battery life) better. i hope apple works reception for their next line of phones as i imagine some people will actually want/need to make calls with it. in my case all i need my phone to do is call/text because i am around wifi all day & night at work or home. wish i could get a pay as needed data plan but thats a nogo for verizon.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    So? what makes you think that Apple has anything to do with your inability to get "reception"?

Because they don't. It's the carriers' fault. Complain to them.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

So? what makes you think that Apple has anything to do with your inability to get "reception"?

Because they don't. It's the carriers' fault. Complain to them.

not the case. we have great signal with verizon on other devices but the iphone is significantly worse and it drops calls with more frequency. i didnt believe it until i saw it myself 1st hand. i have a crappy samsung slider phone that gets much better reception than my friends iphone and i can make/receive calls with 1 bar of signal while he can only text. i am a fan of apple products and am not bashing but pointing out an obvious issue. i am sure not the 1st to complain about iphone's ability to be a phone and hope that its shortcomings are dealt with for the next version which we hope is coming soon.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sivani View Post

I was going to buy an iphone 4 but with the iphone 5 coming out i figured the price would drop. Not knowing when the iphone5 is coming out or if there even will be a price drop i don't know whether to wait?

Of course you wait. It's the freaking iPhone 5. And the iPhone 4 has been out nearly a year and a quarter.