My Radeon is ****ED UP!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have 2 video cards, an nVidia Geforce 2 MX in the AGP slot and a Radeon in the PCI slot in my G4 running OS X.

I have an Apple Studio Display LCD 17" plugged in the Geforce and it works beautifully.

I have a 17" FLATRON 775FT CRT plugged into the VGA port in my Radeon and it is giving me problems with the 1152x870 resolution. The image seems to contract (pixels are closer together) as I get to the right edge of the monitor and it has a lighter frindge at the left side of the screen, both defects REALLY bother me. If I change the resolution to 1024x768 or 1280x1024 the problem seems to get fixed but, still, I find those resolutions rather too large or too small. I am not sure if this is a problem of the card itself or the OS X Radeon drivers.

Anyone got any ideas on what the problem may be and how to fix it? Any help will really be appreciated.

[ 12-05-2001: Message edited by: soulcrusher ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    perhaps that resolution is not a "native" resolution for your LCD
  • Reply 2 of 4
    It's a CRT, not an LCD
  • Reply 3 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by soulcrusher:

<strong>It's a CRT, not an LCD</strong><hr></blockquote>

Still, 1152x870 is *very* uncommon outside the mac world, and might not even be a standard VGA resolution. Thus, maybe your CRT is just unable to handle it? Or does it work if you connect it to your GF2MX?

Bye,

RazzFazz
  • Reply 4 of 4
    inubinub Posts: 45member
    Try using 1152x864. It's only 6 pixels less, and it's a standard VGA resolution. My monitor doesn't support x870, either. It doesn't have the horizontal range.

edit:

Standard VGA resolutions are typically in 3:4 aspect ratios.

864 is exactly 75% of 1152, making it a perfect match.

870 is 7552083333% of 1152, making a typical Apple thing to do. Kinda like 832x624.

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: iNub ]</p>