Do You Recommend Any Wireless Laser Printers?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi,

I am returning my second wireless laser printer today. What do you use that you've been happy with?

I've tried the Samsung ML-2525W and Samsung CLP-325W. I knew they were trouble going in, but even with the workarounds I found online I couldn't get them to work. (Samsung tech support couldn't either -- they actually told me to power cycle the 2525W whenever I needed to print!)

I'm willing to spend up to $300. Color is preferable, but I will settle for anything reliable.

Thanks!

Mark

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MarkSF415 View Post

Hi,

I am returning my second wireless laser printer today. What do you use that you've been happy with?

I've tried the Samsung ML-2525W and Samsung CLP-325W. I knew they were trouble going in, but even with the workarounds I found online I couldn't get them to work. (Samsung tech support couldn't either -- they actually told me to power cycle the 2525W whenever I needed to print!)

I'm willing to spend up to $300. Color is preferable, but I will settle for anything reliable.

Thanks!

Mark

I'm thinking about grabbing an HP Airplay capable printer next year. Laser of course.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/p...CE875A%2523BGJ
  • Reply 2 of 5
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MarkSF415 View Post

they actually told me to power cycle the 2525W whenever I needed to print!)

Ah, good ole tech support.

I'd say your best bet would be to get a network printer that has an ethernet port and then just plug it into a small network repeater like the Airport Express - any wireless router should suffice but check it supports bridged networking. One like this should suffice:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833162035

This way you aren't limiting your printer options so much and won't have to rely on the printer's wifi capability.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    I absolutely love the Samsung CLP-315W.

It's a great laser printer. Smallest color one in the world in its day.

'Course, that's over USB. I spent six hours in a row one day on the phone with Samsung tech support. They couldn't figure out how to get it to work wirelessly. One guy even said that no one had ever figured out how to.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Skip buying a printer with WiFi built in.

Get an airport extreme base station or Airport express base station and plug your printer into it using USB. That's the best way to do wireless printing on a Mac.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    i plugged in my brother laser bw to the router used bonjour easy peasy

set up shared printers in system prefs

the problem i've had with wireless is that it keeps dropping the connection and i spent too much time setting up again