Monitor out of range in OSX

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi,

I recently over stepped my bounds with the range of my monitor in OSX. I have tried everything I can think of to get back to a range where I can see and nothing seems to work. I have reinstalled OSX, switched monitors and then switched back after changing the settings, and even deleted the display settings from OS9 and somehow OS10 still remembers my monitor type and where I set it last in OSX . Help!!!!! Would resetting the CUDA help? :eek: :eek:

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Dude you're such a dumbass Go back to Lithographics that Scott guy will fix it, he's pretty good at all that stuff.

But seriously anybody have any help for this guy?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I helped a buddy of mine out with this just a few weeks ago. Here's how I helped him. Some of this may be unnecessary, but it's what I talked him through over the phone.

-Insert OS 9 system CD

-Reboot while holding down Option + Command + P + R keys, until you hear the start up chime 3x (resetting the PRAM, for the already initiated)

-As soon as you hear the third chime, let go of those keys and hold down the C key to boot up from the CD

-In the monitors control panel, select a compatible resolution

-Reboot in X

I may have forgotten something, it was a few weeks ago, but I'm pretty sure that's how we did it. Let me know if that doesn't work and I'll keep thinking.

(edit: after thinking about it, it may have been resetting the PRAM then starting with extensions off, not starting from the CD that finally fixed it. Try both).

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: poor taylor ]</p>