Changing icons

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
How do you change the icons used in os X. example, i want My system prefs to be a picture of a g4 tower. i've got the picture now how do i change out the old one?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Okay, I am doing this from memory, but:

Press: Apple key & "I" (at the same time) on the ICON.

Go to the picture of the icon (on top left). Select it. Press: control & "c" (at the same time) to copy.

Close the window.

Press: Apple key & "I" (at the same time) on the thing you want to change the icon on.

Go to the picture of the icon (on top left). Select it. Press: control & "v" (at the same time) to paste the icon.

Close the window.

This should work.

Hewligan
  • Reply 2 of 3
    oops! I misunderstood the request.

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: starfleetX ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Ok, first = go to the new icon you want to use.

HighLight it (or actualy darken it), and go to the FILE menu at the top of your screen. Choose: GET INFO. (just in case) Then go to the next menu over (EDIT MENU.) Choose: COPY. Then go to the submunu in the applications folder called UTILITYS. Go to the "system prefrences" icon (or App, thats in the utilitys folder, and "Highlight:, or (darken) it. then go to the file menu at the top again, and GET INFO for that icon (just in case), and then go to thenext menu again EDIT, and chose paste. That's it., You wont see it change yet because it's a system icon,. Now if your system prefrences icon is in the dock, close it, or poof it out. Then Go to the Apple Munu at the top, and use Force quit on your finder,app. After you force quit your finder your new icon will be visible. and you can launch system prefrences, and your G4 tower icon will popup in your dock.

I hope that was not too much info.