Hope for More MobileMe features in iCloud

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I sent an email this weekend to Tim Cook, complaining about the lost functionality in the move from MobileMe to iCloud. Specifically, I bemoaned the loss of sync services (syncing application preferences, keychain, etc.) and the loss of Back to My Mac. I was pleasantly surprised to get a call from his office just now. The outcome is that while there are no plans to add these services, Apple is open to it if there's enough feedback on the subject. So folks, please, send a quick email to Tim Cook ([email protected]) on the matter!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by godrifle View Post

I sent an email this weekend to Tim Cook, complaining about the lost functionality in the move from MobileMe to iCloud. Specifically, I bemoaned the loss of sync services (syncing application preferences, keychain, etc.) and the loss of Back to My Mac. I was pleasantly surprised to get a call from his office just now. The outcome is that while there are no plans to add these services, Apple is open to it if there's enough feedback on the subject. So folks, please, send a quick email to Tim Cook ([email protected]) on the matter!

I'm gonna miss my iDisk.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Back to my Mac is still going to be available