AAPL at $400. APPLE bigger than EXXON once again!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
wooo!

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 14
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 14,436moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FriedLobster View Post


    wooo!



    I don't understand where the excitement comes from stock price changes. How much does a change from say $350 -> $400 really make to a personal investment? For people who own loads of stock, it's going to add some value but they are rich anyway so it's not even going to matter.



    Maybe there's something genetic that compels people to focus on numbers going higher:



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B77eBC5XV0
  • Reply 2 of 14
    i'm just hoping the stock price gets to $1000
  • Reply 3 of 14
    Thats a crazy stock market share price! WOW!!!
  • Reply 4 of 14
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 22,828member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by VisualizeFree View Post


    Thats a crazy stock market share price! WOW!!!



    You want to see a crazy stock price? Berkshire Hathaway at over $107,000 per share probably qualifies. That's truly crazy IMO.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post


    You want to see a crazy stock price? Berkshire Hathaway at over $107,000 per share probably qualifies. That's truly crazy IMO.



    wow you're mis-informed.



    there's nothing amazing with Berkshire Hathaway's stock price. do some research.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 22,828member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FriedLobster View Post


    wow you're mis-informed.



    there's nothing amazing with Berkshire Hathaway's stock price. do some research.



    Yeah, $100K a share is pretty common. OK thanks.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post


    Yeah, $100K a share is pretty common. OK thanks.



    it's not common, but it's not unusual. if you know anything about Berkshire Hathaway and securities you'll know.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 22,828member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FriedLobster View Post


    it's not common, but it's not unusual. if you know anything about Berkshire Hathaway and securities you'll know.



    OK. So if it's not unusual, what other American stock is traded as much as $100K a share. Or even $25K. Or how about just 10% as much, $10K today. It's OK to disagree, but don't be so anxious if you don't have facts to back your position.



    Even $5K a share would be crazy IMHO, much less $100K.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post


    OK. So if it's not unusual, what other American stock is traded as much as $100K a share. Or even $25K. Or how about just 10% as much, $10K today. It's OK to disagree, but don't be so anxious if you don't have facts to back your position.



    Even $5K a share would be crazy IMHO, much less $100K.





    sorry you don't know the facts. do some research.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 22,828member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FriedLobster View Post


    sorry you don't know the facts. do some research.



    Apparently one of us didn't bother to research before posting. Ummm. . . and since I did that only leaves you.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post


    Apparently one of us didn't bother to research before posting. Ummm. . . and since I did that only leaves you.



    In FL's defence... he said it's not common but not unusual. For BH it's not unusual at all if you know Buffet's philosophy. Buffet doesn't want traders involved in his stock, just serious investors. If you are an investor then you won't be intimidated by his stock price. Buffet hates stock splits.



    As far as AAPL... $410 today... that $400 barrier seems to be disappearing.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 22,828member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post


    In FL's defence... he said it's not common but not unusual. For BH it's not unusual at all if you know Buffet's philosophy. Buffet doesn't want traders involved in his stock, just serious investors. If you are an investor then you won't be intimidated by his stock price. Buffet hates stock splits.



    As far as AAPL... $410 today... that $400 barrier seems to be disappearing.



    Highly unusual IMHO, with BH the only one that's ever been that crazy high. His answer to post 10 would imply there's others, and I simply didn't research it. There are not AFAIK, with the next highest publicly traded US stock at under $3000. But we'll give him the out. It's all good.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post


    Highly unusual IMHO, with BH the only one that's ever been that crazy high. His answer to post 10 would imply there's others, and I simply didn't research it. There are not AFAIK, with the next highest publicly traded US stock at under $3000. But we'll give him the out. It's all good.



    Actualy... I forgot to add one sentence. He may have meant "not unusual" for BH. If not, then it is unusual for stocks to get that high. That's Buffet's style and his alone.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post


    Highly unusual IMHO, with BH the only one that's ever been that crazy high. His answer to post 10 would imply there's others, and I simply didn't research it. There are not AFAIK, with the next highest publicly traded US stock at under $3000. But we'll give him the out. It's all good.





    pls. don't talk about things you know nothing about.



    btw AAPL is at 412!!!
Sign In or Register to comment.