Lion desktop icons reset

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
More Lion issues - when I restart, all the icons on my desktop reset to the right side. I move them back to where I want them, but they reset again next time I restart.

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jasonfj View Post


    More Lion issues - when I restart, all the icons on my desktop reset to the right side. I move them back to where I want them, but they reset again next time I restart.



    http://osxdaily.com/2011/09/21/stop-...r-restart-mac/



    that should help...
  • Reply 2 of 6
    My sort settings are already 'none' but I still have the issue.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jasonfj View Post


    My sort settings are already 'none' but I still have the issue.



    uh-oh...i've never actually had that problem, just read the article. Try right clicking>show view options and change it in there? maybe that'll make it listen...
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pooman625 View Post


    uh-oh...i've never actually had that problem, just read the article. Try right clicking>show view options and change it in there? maybe that'll make it listen...





    Same result unfortunately.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jasonfj View Post


    Same result unfortunately.



    ??? do you have an external display? cause my icons are remaining still and i have the sort by options as none.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    jasonfjjasonfj Posts: 551member
    No external display.
Sign In or Register to comment.