Platform template for XCode 4

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
We allow developers to create webOS applications using XCode. With XCode 4 using new template formats, i can create the project template for those apps. In XCode 3, when you selected New Project, our projects would show up under "User Templates", but in XCode 4 i can so far only display our project under iOS or Mac OSX. Anyone have a hint how i could create a new PLATFORM template at /Developer/Platforms?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by keithen.webos View Post

We allow developers to create webOS applications using XCode. With XCode 4 using new template formats, i can create the project template for those apps. In XCode 3, when you selected New Project, our projects would show up under "User Templates", but in XCode 4 i can so far only display our project under iOS or Mac OSX. Anyone have a hint how i could create a new PLATFORM template at /Developer/Platforms?

Just wanted to let everyone know that i solved my problem. I had started by duplicating the iOS platform folder at /Developer/Platforms and then changing everything that said "iOS" to "webOS". The obvious stuff wasn't quite enough, which is why i had posted my question. However, i kept poking at it and don't know what is the magic sauce that finally got it to connect. But my project template now says it uses the palm.webos platform and it shows up in the new project menu as an Application under the new webOS platform section.