Help Needed from LaserWriter Freaks of Yore

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Ok all you LaserWriter freaks of yore lend me your ear and tell me if this LaserWriter IIg has scribed it's last page.

There are 4 lights that run along the side of the printer and the 2 end ones are flashing red instead of the usual green light that I am used to. And now when I go to print a document I get a dialogue box which says: "The Printer is Fixing a Temperature Malfunction." Unfortunately my printer has been attempting to fix this "temperature malfunction" for a couple of hours now and still won't allow any printing.

Can anyone offer me any advice? Has anyone else had this problem? Is this the end of the printer (I know, it is almost 11 years old!)?

ps. I got this printer second hand and so have no documentation to help me troubleshoot.

[ 02-10-2002: Message edited by: Retrograde ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    [quote]Originally posted by Retrograde:

<strong>Ok all you LaserWriter freaks of yore lend me your ear and tell me if this LaserWriter IIg has scribed it's last page.

There are 4 lights that run along the side of the printer and the 2 end ones are flashing red instead of the usual green light that I am used to. And now when I go to print a document I get a dialogue box which says: "The Printer is Fixing a Temperature Malfunction." Unfortunately my printer has been attempting to fix this "temperature malfunction" for a couple of hours now and still won't allow any printing.

Can anyone offer me any advice? Has anyone else had this problem? Is this the end of the printer (I know, it is almost 11 years old!)?

ps. I got this printer second hand and so have no documentation to help me troubleshoot.

[ 02-10-2002: Message edited by: Retrograde ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

I have a IIg too. A bit slow but it is a real work horse. I do find that if I leave it running for more than a couple of hours it starts having postscript errors. It does get really hot and I know it sucks up a lot of juice becuase it makes the lights in the house flicker when it is on!

Turning it off for 20 minutes to cool usually fixes the problem.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Sounds like the lamp inside the fuser is either burned out or the temp sensor om the fuser roller is bad.