Bluetooth disappeared

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I am sitting here at my 'late 2006' 17 inch Intel iMac on which I have just installed Lion. Next to my wired mouse is a shiny new, untouched, magic trackpad. The reason it remains untouched and that I am still dragging an ageing mouse around a grubby mouse mat is that my Bluetooth has disappeared - no icon in the toolbar, not mention in system preferences - nothing!

Bluetooth has worked before on this machine, so I know the capability is there.

I have tried all the fixes I can find mention of - zapping PRAM, removing .plist files etc, but nothing has so far worked.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    hi

hell frnds

i m from india, and i have a question, what to do when the bluetooth device is not discoverable in my laptop

can anyone tell????????

plz give reply as soon as possiblerafting in rishikesh
  • Reply 2 of 3
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by natashabisht View Post

hi

hell frnds

i m from india, and i have a question, what to do when the bluetooth device is not discoverable in my laptop

can anyone tell????????

plz give reply as soon as possible

You are a spammer I see
  • Reply 3 of 3

I need URGENT Help.

I recently upgraded from windows XP to windows vista buisness on my Dell Vostro 1510 Laptop

After the installation it seems that my Toshiba Blue-tooth shack software which i use to manage blue-tooth is not compatible with this vista version of windows.

Using Built in 360 blue-tooth adapter.

After the installation i noticed that i couldn't use blue-tooth on my computer, it disappeared totally. Nothing in the device manager, desktop and other blue-tooth using programs. When i tried to search for nearby blue-tooth devices using the Microsoft blue-tooth program, it said to check if my blue-device/adapter was plugged in. Help??

The Blue-tooth is controlled by a sliding switch on the left hand side of the computer casing. The switch also controls the wireless adapter.

I remember that the Toshiba blue-tooth stack can turn the blue-tooth adapter off without sliding the switch to the off position. That is the Toshiba program can turn the blue tooth off internally but i don't know how.

I might have turned the blue-tooth off using the Toshiba program before installing windows vista buisness on the computer in which i couldn't turn back on again after i finished upgrading because the program couldn't operate on vista.

Any way to fix my blue-tooth bearing in mind that it might not be the Toshiba program causing the problem. Any way to diagnose the problem and fix?