Photoshop Elements vs Photoshop

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
So I'm thinking about getting Photoshop Elements, mostly because 1. it's cheaper 2. I have itunes gift cards (which i can use at the app store too, right?) 3. I can get 5% cash back on my app purchases...but before I buy, is there a huge difference between elements and regular photoshop? What kind of functions would I be missing out on?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tunto View Post

So I'm thinking about getting Photoshop Elements, mostly because 1. it's cheaper 2. I have itunes gift cards (which i can use at the app store too, right?) 3. I can get 5% cash back on my app purchases...but before I buy, is there a huge difference between elements and regular photoshop? What kind of functions would I be missing out on?

Who told you that you can buy Adobe Photoshop Elements from the Mac App Store? You cannot. The Mac App Store sells a package titled Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tunto View Post

Well, the short answer is yes, there is a pretty big difference, but whether it matters depends on what you intend to do.

Many people think that Elements is just a 'scaled down' version of Photoshop: it's not. The fact is that they do share the same basic function, but really are designed for very different users.

In short, Elements is for people who take digital photographs and want to touch them up or make some corrections before printing them out, sharing with friends, putting them on a website, etc.

Photoshop, on the other hand, is for professional photographers whose work is likely to be printed in a magazine, or made into large prints, or for designers who are building websites or putting together a magazine.

So the real question is, what do you want to do?