Mail.app question

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Geez, first few posts are just me begging for answers, I miss being able to find solutions.

Anyway, I tried to set up mail.app to check my pop email. But nothign happens, I can get the event viewer thing to show me the error (just flashes crazy fast and I don't get a chance to see what is says) and the little spinning arrows just sorta blink up for a milisecond.

Works for other pop accounts, and this account works on my windows box and in eudora, but I would rather just use mail.app. Only think I can think is causing a problem is the ISP i use has a funny way of providing the username -- it is "username/hostname.com" we cant leave off the /hostname.com part because I am allowed to define many email addresses under the hostname I own. Has any one had this problem? does anyone have this working in a similar situation?

Thanks, you guys ahve been a HUGE help.

Chris

I don't see how being a mac owner makes you more productive -- eversence I got my new Mac I haven't been able to do any thing here at work...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Hmmm, I've never seen a username like that. The / is used to seperate directory paths in unix. Maybe that has something to do with the problem..
  • Reply 2 of 2
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,503member
    [quote]Originally posted by fuzzymonk:

<strong>Geez, first few posts are just me begging for answers, I miss being able to find solutions.

Anyway, I tried to set up mail.app to check my pop email. But nothign happens, I can get the event viewer thing to show me the error (just flashes crazy fast and I don't get a chance to see what is says) and the little spinning arrows just sorta blink up for a milisecond.

Works for other pop accounts, and this account works on my windows box and in eudora, but I would rather just use mail.app. Only think I can think is causing a problem is the ISP i use has a funny way of providing the username -- it is "username/hostname.com" we cant leave off the /hostname.com part because I am allowed to define many email addresses under the hostname I own. Has any one had this problem? does anyone have this working in a similar situation?

Thanks, you guys ahve been a HUGE help.

Chris

I don't see how being a mac owner makes you more productive -- eversence I got my new Mac I haven't been able to do any thing here at work...</strong><hr></blockquote>

have you tried @hostname.com instead of /hostname.com? Maybe?