iMessage Bug

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hey,

Is anyone else experiencing a bug in iOS 5 where whenever anyone sends you an iMessage, it just shows "iMessage" in the notification bar at the top?

For example, my friend Drew sent me a message from his iPhone with iOS 5, and it said "Drew: iMessage", rather than showing the contents of his message like a normal SMS would. For everyone else who sends me a regular SMS, it works fine. FWIW, when I send him an iMessage it works just fine for him.

Anyone have a proposed solution?

Thanks,

Jared

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dvdkid919 View Post

Hey,

Is anyone else experiencing a bug in iOS 5 where whenever anyone sends you an iMessage, it just shows "iMessage" in the notification bar at the top?

For example, my friend Drew sent me a message from his iPhone with iOS 5, and it said "Drew: iMessage", rather than showing the contents of his message like a normal SMS would. For everyone else who sends me a regular SMS, it works fine. FWIW, when I send him an iMessage it works just fine for him.

Anyone have a proposed solution?

Thanks,

Jared

Never mind, figured it out. Just had to toggle the Show Preview option back and forth. Guess it needed a reset after I upgraded from iOS 4.