Family Problems...

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hey all!

I have a scenario that I hope you can help me with.

I have 4 iPhone users in my family and we all use the same iTunes sign on. Since I downloaded the new OS, my daughters reminders are showing up on my phone (I am assuming they were pushed to iCloud).

Is it necessary for all 4 of us to have our own apple ID and iTunes account?

Thank you for your time....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OPFLA View Post

Is it necessary for all 4 of us to have our own apple ID and iTunes account?

No, but if you don't want to see absolutely everything everyone else is doing and have them see everything you're doing and have your changes push to them and vice versa, you'll get separate accounts.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Thank you very much for the reply Tallest!!!!!
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

Thank you very much for the reply Tallest!!!!!

No probs. Really you should have separate accounts for everyone's devices unless you all function on, say, a single calendar or something.

I mean, you wouldn't necessarily want your kids replying to (or deleting) your e-mails from work, would you?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SEOGlopex View Post

cool stuff... keep up the good work man..... ..

anyway, this does make sense:

?

Not sure if spambot.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    I have one more thought/question regarding my iTunes dilemma.

When one (1) of the four family members connects their device to iTunes, will iTunes automatically know which particular AppleID is associtated with each specific device?

Many thanks for the help!
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

I have one more thought/question regarding my iTunes dilemma.

When one (1) of the four family members connects their device to iTunes, will iTunes automatically know which particular AppleID is associtated with each specific device?

Many thanks for the help!

You should have separate accounts on the computer, too, each with its own iTunes tied to your respective accounts.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    THANK YOU again TALLEST....

Have a great night...