iPhone 4S Day 1 Activation Problems

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
My new 64GB 4S is refusing to be activated and i'm being told by it that there was a problem and I will be emailed when the activation has been processed.

Is anyone else having difficulty activating their new 4S that arrived?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by craigciccone View Post

My new 64GB 4S is refusing to be activated and i'm being told by it that there was a problem and I will be emailed when the activation has been processed.

Is anyone else having difficulty activating their new 4S that arrived?

Same here ... server overload at AT&T ... a little patience will be needed today
  • Reply 2 of 8
    man... i woke up at 3am EST to order this thing, couldn't get through AT&T's servers for an hour and a half, went to sleep just to be able to order it at 7am. Now this. These carriers need to get their stuff together with these launches. Wildly frustrating.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    having same problem here. Also, with AT&T could not activate.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    success! after 3 attempts through iTunes and 5 attempts directly through the iPhone, the last iPhone attempt worked. Restoring from last iCloud backup now.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Same problem here with AT&T. I wonder if I should wait for the e-mail or keep trying?
  • Reply 6 of 8
    I just kept trying ... left it plugged into iTunes and kept "re-trying" whenever I thought about it...

Eventually it succeeded (I'd guess after 15 or so tries) ... So it's restoring/syncing now ... still haven't gotten "the email".
  • Reply 7 of 8
    still trying no luck :
  • Reply 8 of 8
    This is NUTS! I've never experienced problems like this - going on SIX hours now!!