Mac & PC LAN Party

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hey, I am interested in hosting a lan party, macs and PCs... Only I don't know the first place to start to network them all together... I Have 2 iMac DVs and a rev A iBook. and networked via Airport right now, and a flow point 2200 DSL modem that has several places for eithernet connections on the back (don't know if I could use this at all or something) I need a way to hook all the macs and PCs togther to host a night of games... Anything would help at this point, I have no idea how to do this!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    well, i would guess all you need are a lot of cat5 (ethernet) cables, and a few hubs or switches.

just plug them all into the hub and you should be fine. you won't be able to fileshare, but that's not your goal here.

one thing i would recommend, is get a PC over there well before the LAN party is supposed to start, and get it to work with the Macs. every now and then you can run into a stupid quirk or two that will drive you nuts, and slow down the process.

it will be a lot easier to get those kinks worked out without a half dozen caffinated gamers breathing over your shoulder.

good luck!

-alcimedes

edit: clarification

[ 03-14-2002: Message edited by: alcimedes ]</p>