DVD PLAYER update/help?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Ive just gotten a DVD music video, but the sound is all screwed. It happens in OS9.04 and X.1, so I am wondering if its a disc problem or a decompression problem. The disc is very very long, so Im wondering if it just has too much compression.

Are there any DVD Player updates at Apple, can't find them.

The problem is that the sound volume fluctuates wildly, which is not too hot in a music video!

For the audio experts, the problem sounds very much like pumping analog Audio compression (as opposed to the DVD compression), but its well extreme. Anyone else know/had a similar problem?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I've had this happen on a DVD... "Dude, Where's My Car?". I haven't been able to test the DVD on a normal DVD player, or on a Windows box, but it sounds exactly like what you're describing...

I wish I could actually provide some helpful information...
  • Reply 2 of 3
    There has been a DVD Player update (for OS X) through "software update"... I'm not at my DVD computer right now, so I can't tell you what version number is current.

Otherwise, I've had no problems with any DVD's under X.1.3 or 9.2
  • Reply 3 of 3
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    Finally had a chance to test this DVD on a Playstation2, and it works perfectly. So the problem must be a software one on a Mac. All my other DVD's play fine on my mac though.

Do you think upgrading to OS9.22 might help (im on 9.04) and OSx10.1.3 or whatever it is (standard 10.1)