Returning 4GS!! functionally worse + hating it.

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge apple fan, had every generation iphone to date and never been a fussy user..BUT

since i changed to the 4GS, i just can't take it anymore. My battery life is shockingly poor. 8 hours on standby, no phone calls and a few texts later and my phone is dead.

Same apps restored from my iphone 4.. same usage.. different battery.

I took off the case thinking that could affect it.

I switched off ALL mail push/ fetch and switched it to manual.

I deleted most apps.

I work in a building with good reception, i walk around the place during the day so come in and out of reception so i figured that might be a cause so thought id try switching off the 3G... but..

I CANNOT switch off the 3G function! and the only way to keep the battery going for more than half a day.. is to have it on flight mode for most of it... which is just offing ridiculous.

I bought a cheapass 30 dollar samsung phone after i sold my Iphone4 and used that for a few days until i received the 4gs. It made calls, it never lost reception and the battery lasted 4 days on 1 charge...

Will be returning the 4GS and exploring other phones.. very unfortunate as I've been a lifelong apple fan!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    At the risk of feeding the troll...

Your experience is NOT the norm. There seems to be something wrong with your phone. Have you considered having Apple replace it with one that's NOT defective ??
  • Reply 2 of 8
    linkgx1linkgx1 Posts: 742member
    What's a 4GS? The hell? Apple done pissed me off! I just got the 4S! Now they're having ANOTHER one? JUST RELEASE THE 5. STOP REHASHING THE 4 YOU CHEAP PUNKS!
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by guile99 View Post

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge apple fan,

Insta-Troll™. When you need to define your trolls in the first sentence of their post!

Quote:

had every generation iphone to date and never been a fussy user..BUT

…I'm not cognizant enough to figure out that I really, REALLY need to just swap that device for a new one at the Apple Store because it's BLEEDINGLY OBVIOUS that this isn't normal behavior, because if I had had even ONE iPhone, I'd know this isn't right.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

At the risk of feeding the troll...

Your experience is NOT the norm. There seems to be something wrong with your phone. Have you considered having Apple replace it with one that's NOT defective ??

yeah, im gonna speak to the genius bar and maybe swap it for another and see if it makes a difference.. it might be the phone itself so will see?
  • Reply 5 of 8
    iphone 4s,I am back again.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    got a new 4s

aparently a widespread recognised problem with overheating and poor battery performance.

Many users on the apple forum reporting battery loss at around 10 percent an hour on standby!

lots of apparent causes from GPS being contineusouly active during location services etcetc

will see how it goes!
  • Reply 7 of 8
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    there are ways to improve battery life, do a google search

mine is great 24hrs to 25% lov n it

get a droid 4g LTE whatever or something like that and see real battery life
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

there are ways to improve battery life, do a google search

mine is great 24hrs to 25% lov n it

get a droid 4g LTE whatever or something like that and see real battery life

got a new 4s, changed all the settings as recommended and the phone lasted me a good 16 hours.. much happier now!