iPhone GSM

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
If the sims is removed will find my iPhone still work?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Yes, as an iPod ... you won't be able to make calls or text. (well... with iMessage and WiFi, I guess you can still text.)

(Oh... you'll need to put the sim back in it whenever you want to update iOS ... it needs it for the validation part during the upgrade process for some reason.)
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Yes, as an iPod ... you won't be able to make calls or text. (well... with iMessage and WiFi, I guess you can still text.)

(Oh... you'll need to put the sim back in it whenever you want to update iOS ... it needs it for the validation part during the upgrade process for some reason.)

Oh I know that what I dont know is if lets say someone steals an iPhone and takes the sim out will it still be able to found by Find my iPhone?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DerekRod View Post

Oh I know that what I dont know is if lets say someone steals an iPhone and takes the sim out will it still be able to found by Find my iPhone?

doh! ... I completely missed the "find" in the first post! ... sorry!

That said... I don't know the answer .... IF it works without the sim though, it WOULD need to be on a WiFi network when you go looking for it.

I know it doesn't work if there's no network connection at all, but I don't know if it requires cellular, or if WiFi is good enough.