Buying new Imac

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey all,

We are starting an e commerce business and I am twisted up about going with the Imac quad core with 500gb vs 1T as I am unsure if I should use external hard drive for storage or just go with the 1T.....Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    If you need to store more than 500GB of data, get a 1TB internal and 1TB+ external for backups.

If you don't need more than 500GB, get a 500GB internal and 500GB external.

One thing to keep in mind is that the hard drive in the iMac is located behind the display so if you keep all your business data on it and the display or the machine stops working, your data has to get sent back to Apple for the machine to be fixed.

You should always make sure you at least have an exact copy of all the data on an external so your business can continue working if you have to be without the machine at any point.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

You should always make sure you at least have an exact copy of all the data on an external so your business can continue working if you have to be without the machine at any point.

I would say if you're a business and not just a user, have TWO exact copies of all the data. Take one home with you every evening.