PDFs won't write correctly from Palm Desktop 4.0

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
When I try to print to PDF from Palm Desktop 4.0 in Mac OS 9.2.2, it'll create the PDF, but not finish it. Most of the text that should be included is missing. It seems as though all the lines for the address book, etc. are made, but the text is not included. Some may be included at the beginning of the file, but that's it.

It's not PDFWriter, because I could print to PDF from Word just fine. It's something about Palm Desktop. Any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    allinoneallinone Posts: 279member
    [quote]Any ideas?[/QB]<hr></blockquote>

I have replicated your problem on my machine. MacOS 9.2.2, PDFWriter 4.0 and Palm Desktop 4.0

Only part of each page of the PDF is written out.

If I use the two step process of writing a PostScript file and then dropping into distiller everything is AOK.

Now do me a favor and tell me if you are experiencing the same problem as me with Palm desktop crashing:

<a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=000514"; target="_blank">http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=000514</a>;

Anyone know where to report PalmDesktop bugs?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    [quote]Originally posted by AllInOne:

<strong>

If I use the two step process of writing a PostScript file and then dropping into distiller everything is AOK.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, well I don't know how to do that. Instructions please?

BTW, PD4 does crash when I click on the e-mail thing after it says there's a script error. Outlook Express never opens. This isn't a problem for me, however, because I use Eudora for e-mail.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    allinoneallinone Posts: 279member
    There are a number of ways to do this. Here's the easiest way to discribe:

From the print dialog box select

Destination: File (not printer)

Then you will get a save dialog.

Save yourcalendar.ps to you desktop. This is your postscript file.

Now launch Adobe Acrobat Distiller. Tweak the settings as needed.

Drop the yourcalendar.ps file into Distiller.

Result should be yourcalendar.pdf

Now you can throw away yourcalendar.ps

Hope this helps.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    It worked, thanks!