Genius needed: Screenshot of Login Window?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Ok. Here's a tricky one!

How do you take a screenshot of the login window? You can't use Grab. I don't think you can use Snapz from Ambrosia....

You can't Command-Shift-3 at the login window...

Anyone know how to take a screenshot of the MacOS X login window as a user-less user?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    shit-apple-4, draw the window that you want to capture.

not 100% sure about OS9, but i just did it in OSX no problem.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    jutusjutus Posts: 272member
    Negative.

You can press Command Shift 4 to take a shot of a selection, and Command Shift 3 to take of shot of your whole screen, but neither will work at the OS X login window.

You hear MacOS X play the "camera" sound, but it does not seem to save the file. It can't save the file on your desktop (as it does normally) because when you are at the login window you are userless.

Any other suggestions?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by jutus:

<strong>Negative.

You can press Command Shift 4 to take a shot of a selection, and Command Shift 3 to take of shot of your whole screen, but neither will work at the OS X login window.

You hear MacOS X play the "camera" sound, but it does not seem to save the file. It can't save the file on your desktop (as it does normally) because when you are at the login window you are userless.

Any other suggestions?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Look in the Root user's home folder.

/private/var/root/
  • Reply 4 of 6
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    [quote]shit-apple-4, draw the window that you want to capture.<hr></blockquote>

I'm _still_ looking for the "shit" key.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    oops, nothing personal against the shift key. didn't even realize i'd done it until the fourth time i read it.