Printing to WinXP Machine.

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have been tying, albeit unsuccessfully, to print to our family printer on our Windows XP machine. Is there any possible way to do this? One other thing... What would be a good printer to purchase for my Mac running OSX?I want to spend between 100-200 bucks. If someone could tell me both a "budget" one and then a good one, that would be very helpful. In the meantime before I get one, I would like to figure the other thing out if it is even possible. Thanks a bunch.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    eskimoeskimo Posts: 474member
    My roomate has his printer hooked up under windows xp. I know I usually can't print until I go and connect to him using network neighboorhood (i'm on windows as well). Try logging in to your parents computer using the network browser or whatever they call it in X. After you've connected, try printing from your application.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I have tried everything I know to get it to work. Tried entering the IP, (which is STATIC on our internal network, as I set it up that way) I am pretty much wanting to find an application that would let me do this. (Like Dave) Dave supports letting the MAC run as a windows server, but not the other way around.