DVD Cracks for Mac

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Is there any software to crack CSS available for the Mac? I have found numerous titles for the PC, but using them would force me to buy a DVD burner for my PC, and since my Mac already has one....you get the idea. Any help would be appreciated.



aussie3182002

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 8
    stroszekstroszek Posts: 801member
    [quote]Originally posted by aussie3182002:

    <strong>Is there any software to crack CSS available for the Mac? I have found numerous titles for the PC, but using them would force me to buy a DVD burner for my PC, and since my Mac already has one....you get the idea. Any help would be appreciated.



    aussie3182002</strong><hr></blockquote>

    i don't know if there are any or not, but if there aren't any, you could always just buy virtual pc instead of a dvd burner and run the windows cracks that way...
  • Reply 2 of 8
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,503member
    [quote]Originally posted by aussie3182002:

    <strong>Is there any software to crack CSS available for the Mac? I have found numerous titles for the PC, but using them would force me to buy a DVD burner for my PC, and since my Mac already has one....you get the idea. Any help would be appreciated.



    aussie3182002</strong><hr></blockquote>



    Why would you have to buy one for your PC? Just copy the files over when done and burn...
  • Reply 3 of 8
    rolandgrolandg Posts: 632member
    One other question concerning DVDs on the mac: Is there a hack that lets you go region free?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    [quote]Originally posted by RolandG:

    <strong>One other question concerning DVDs on the mac: Is there a hack that lets you go region free?</strong><hr></blockquote>



    Several. You just need to find out what drive you have (not "DVD-rom in red iMac" but more something like "8174-C") and make a search in google for it.



    Now its my turn: I have replaced the firmware on my Pismo drive and had a program in 9 that could reset the number of changes I have made of the region. But now I´m strictly X so what do I do?
  • Reply 5 of 8
    rolandgrolandg Posts: 632member
    [quote]Originally posted by Anders:

    <strong>

    Now its my turn: I have replaced the firmware on my Pismo drive and had a program in 9 that could reset the number of changes I have made of the region. But now I´m strictly X so what do I do?</strong><hr></blockquote>



    Ok, I researched this issue a bit and found the following:



    <a href="http://www.wormintheapple.gr/macdvd/download.html"; target="_blank">http://www.wormintheapple.gr/macdvd/download.html</a>;



    and



    <a href="http://opuscc.com/download/"; target="_blank">http://opuscc.com/download/</a>;



    The tool you need is called Region X.



    My turn again: Sine you void your warrenty updating the firmware, is there a way to save and restore the current status?



    [ 04-11-2002: Message edited by: RolandG ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 8
    rolandgrolandg Posts: 632member
    So, is there a way to read out the standard optical drive firmware, store it, overwrite with a regioncode-free version, and restore if needed?
  • Reply 7 of 8
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,551member
    [quote]Originally posted by RolandG:

    <strong>So, is there a way to read out the standard optical drive firmware, store it, overwrite with a regioncode-free version, and restore if needed?</strong><hr></blockquote>



    I think you had the answer already. The worm in the Apple site has both region free firmware for DVDs as well as the original firmware so you can reset the drive to the original state if you like.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    rolandgrolandg Posts: 632member
    [quote]Originally posted by neutrino23:

    <strong>



    I think you had the answer already. The worm in the Apple site has both region free firmware for DVDs as well as the original firmware so you can reset the drive to the original state if you like.</strong><hr></blockquote>



    Unfortunately not for all drives.
Sign In or Register to comment.