Why I turned off SIRI

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I am a huge apple fan but new to the iphone- My company always gave me a balckberry. I think SIRI is so cool but after playing with it I decided to turn it off.

When driving and trying to use siri I would often get a message saying that it can't connect to the network. Also if I wanted to use the voice dialing feature on my phone the network issue would cause a problem.

In addition it took much longer for SIRI to voice dial than for the regular built in voice commands.

I think the built in software is quicker and actually more accurate. I think SIRI needs improvements.

anyone else?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by benalexe View Post

I think the built in software is quicker and actually more accurate. I think SIRI needs improvements.

In the future, you'll probably want to just say "the old" and "Siri" when talking about voice commands.

Siri IS 'the built-in software'. It's no less a part of the OS than the old voice commands were, and it's really rather more than they are in terms of what it can do.

As for whether the old style operates better, I've found it to be of questionable quality. I would imagine that's partially because it's old TTS tech and partially because it's not very expansive in its scope.

The tradeoff, obviously, is that it doesn't require a punch out to a server to use, which allows it to be a little faster than Siri.

But personally, I would take Siri over that any day. ANY day.

Quote:

a message saying that it can't connect to the network.

We're early in Siri's life, so I'd imagine it will have ups and downs for a month or so. And remember, it's beta software.

Oh, I've thought of a better name for the old voice commands: The Blue Screen of Talk.