Can I block websites on iPhone-iOS 5?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I am hoping to give my son an iPhone and it would be useful for a lot of his educational uses so I want him to have the internet to use but there's a few websites I'd like to block such as YouTube and Facebook.

Do the Parental controls allow me to block specific websites? From what I've read up on it appears you can't block specific websites?

I have never been a believer in jailbreaking a phone but it comes up for this. If Apple's iOS5 does not allow blocking of websites, can I jailbreak the iPhone with a jailbroken version of iOS5 that maybe allows features such as blocking websites? Or would a jailbroken iphone have these features?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by markw10 View Post

I am hoping to give my son an iPhone and it would be useful for a lot of his educational uses so I want him to have the internet to use but there's a few websites I'd like to block such as YouTube and Facebook.

Do the Parental controls allow me to block specific websites? From what I've read up on it appears you can't block specific websites?

I have never been a believer in jailbreaking a phone but it comes up for this. If Apple's iOS5 does not allow blocking of websites, can I jailbreak the iPhone with a jailbroken version of iOS5 that maybe allows features such as blocking websites? Or would a jailbroken iphone have these features?

Thanks for your help.

You can block Safari and allow access to a third party kid safe browser, as far as I know.