Question Marks in Dock

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
After installing 10.1 I noticed 2 question marks in the dock where the Internet Explorer icon should be and where the Late breaking News icon should be. I dragged the explorer question mark off the dock, should i do the same with the late breaking news question mark-is this important? I figure i can just put Explorer into the dock but I don't know about the other thing. Thanks............................................ .....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    The only time that's happened to me is when I get delete the program. What it's telling you is that it can't find the program.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
  • Reply 3 of 5
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    OK, I'll drag it off, thanks. i already dragged off and replaced the internet explorer icon. I wish we could put software updater in the dock(or favorites).

Anyone notice that when running the quicktime updater it comes up with the main software updates? In OS9 only quicktime specific updates would show up.................................
  • Reply 4 of 5
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
  • Reply 5 of 5
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    When i last ran the quicktime updater, it came up with the java update. Wierd, huh? Now i can't use the software updater at all, or sherlock. I don't know what caused this, i just upgraded to 10.1.4 and i know the java update was next in line. Any ideas why the software updater and sherlock would stop working? I'm using AOL for OSX. Thanks............................................ .