iTunes Song Order Question

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
When I enter the ID3 tags for my MP3s (I'm very organized and look everything up and enter it in), iTunes sometimes emits the number of songs on a CD. You see, one of the columns I have set to view is the track number, which should be in the format [number] of [total on cd]. The first number always works fine, but for some reason, on random songs, iTunes doesn't bother listing the second number. It annoys the hell out of me. All the songs are EXACTLY the same (you know, same year, genre, name, year, no accidental spaces after a word, etc) and there is no reason iTunes should only list the track number for some songs and the track number and total tracks on other songs.

What gives?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    I assume you meant "omit" and not "emit" since I can't imagine it emitting data to you.

Now, what version ID tags are on the MP3's in question? I believe older 1.x ones do not support the full "track# of total#" format. The first thing I'd try is selecting one of these songs and choosing "Convert ID3 Tags..." from the Advanced menu. Pump it up to 2.3, reenter the correct track number data for that song, and it should now be listed correctly.