Dock Skinning, Dialup In X, and the Terminal

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
First of all, does anyone know any good resources on ways to replace the border/deviderline and bg to the dock?

Secondly, my dailup connectivity in X seems to be corrupting as of late. The comp stays connected to the internet but it just hangs whenever I try to connect to something, forcing me to reconnect. This happens often when I leave the comp alone.

Lastly, my Term takes longer and longer to launch every time I open it. Mac Janitor isn't helping, and this last time it actually quit bouncing (much like a classic app waiting for classic to start) before it loaded. When it does load I also get something like "login: setgroups permision denied" or something similar. Any help?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    You know, my Terminal takes nearly a minute to load now, and I have no idea why. Dual 450 G4, the thing loads quicker on my 266 iMac...

Someone mentioned that creating a new user account and moving everything from your old one to the new one significantly speeds things up. I don't want to have to create a new account every six months though...
  • Reply 2 of 2
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    [quote]Originally posted by M3D Jack:

<strong>You know, my Terminal takes nearly a minute to load now, and I have no idea why. Dual 450 G4, the thing loads quicker on my 266 iMac...

Someone mentioned that creating a new user account and moving everything from your old one to the new one significantly speeds things up. I don't want to have to create a new account every six months though...</strong><hr></blockquote>

I know how you feel, you didn't by chance mess with your privledges in a big way? (HD+apply to all enclosed folders=bad news)