iDisk refuses to connect

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I used to have no problems with iDisk. It was a little slow, but quite usable and useful.

Lately I have not been able to connect to my iDisk, or anyone's iDisk. When I try the finder locks up for about 3 minutes and eventually tells me that I might have the wrong password.

I thought I might have a preferences file problem. So I tried logging in as a different user. The iDisk still didn't work. My brother is able to log onto my iDisk using his computer. So I know my password is correct and unchanged. I am able to check my mac.com email. I've rebooted and tried to connect to other people's iDisk and it too locks up finder. I am on Mac OS X 10.1.4 with a cable modem connection.

Any ideas on what I need to do to fix this?

(I apologize if this has been already covered on here... I scanned the topics... but didn't see one)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Get yourself <a href="http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=11096&db=mac"; target="_blank">Goliath</a> and see if you can mount it that way. PLUS, it's hella faster than a straight connect through go. You WILL be impressed. I was.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by Shanny:

<strong>Get yourself <a href="http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=11096&db=mac"; target="_blank">Goliath</a> and see if you can mount it that way. PLUS, it's hella faster than a straight connect through go. You WILL be impressed. I was.</strong><hr></blockquote>

YAY! Many thanks. I am now able to access my iDisk. And yes, Goliath seems pretty snappy.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by Gastropod:

<strong>And yes, Goliath seems pretty snappy.</strong><hr></blockquote>Pretty snappy? It's devilishly fast !

- T.I.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    :eek:

And I thought there was something fundamentally wrong with the protocols and all the time it was Apple that had implemented it rather shitty.

It proves more than anything else that Apple need to rewrite the Finder.